Thursday, February 18, 2010


I like you because when I am feeling sad, you don't always cheer me up right away


Sometimes it is better to be sad.


You can't stand the others being so googly and gaggly every single minute.


You want to think about things.


It takes time.
I like you because if I am mad at you, then you are mad at me too.


It's awful when the other person isn't. phooey.


They are so nice and hoo-hoo you could just about punch them in the nose.

I like you because if I think I am going to throw up, then you are really sorry.


You don't just pretend you are busy looking at the birdies and all that.


You say, "maybe it was something you ate."


You say, "same thing happened to me one time."


And the same thing did.
If you find two four-leaf clovers, you give me one.


If I find four, I give you two.


If we only find three, we keep on looking.


Sometimes we have good luck and sometimes we don't.
If I break my arm and if you break your arm too, then it is fun to have a broken arm.


I tell you about mine; you tell me about yours.


We are both sorry.


We write our names and draw pictures.


We show everybody and they wish they had a broken arm too.


Happy Birthday, Greg! XO

photo by Kody McCarty
Excerpt from "I Like You" by Sandol Stoddard via One Love Photo xo

17 comments:

Heidi Rose said...

I've heard this before. I love it. So simple and sincere.

"If I break my arm and if you break your arm too, then it is fun to have a broken arm."

lol

ever ours said...

happy birthday, greg!

and that poem is just the sweetest.

iamchasingthirty said...

I have that little book and I love it. Happy Birthday to your hubby! xo

olive juice photography said...

love love love! happy birthday G!

Megan Welker said...

so cute! I love that poem! happy bday to your hubs!

xoxoP said...

awww. so cute! happy poop day greggorus

melissa said...

i love this! happy birthday to your honey!

Cynthia said...

Happy Bitrhday Greg!!! this poem is the cutest thing ever I love the part about the broken arm

Mara said...

aw so sweet! happy bday to Greg!

DFY said...

Happy Birthday Greg! This has to be one of the cutest poens I've read!

the southern hostess said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday to him!

Rachel Follett said...

This is so sweet! Happy Birthday Greg! :)

daisychain said...

What a sweet post, birthday wishes to Greg!

Rambles with Reese said...

What a sweet, sweet poem! It's like I'm reading about myself and my husband.

Wishing your husband, Greg a lovely birthday! He's very lucky to have a sweet wife as you.

xoxo

bekapirwitz said...

hey, there! i was just looking through the photos that i took for the PhotoSwap with Rhianne this past autumn and i noticed that you had left a couple comments on my photos.

here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28716814@N05/4167749535/in/pool-photoswap09/

and here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28716814@N05/4167751605/in/pool-photoswap09/

i just wanted to say thank you! :) i've been following your blog for awhile and i love it so when i went back to look at my photos and saw that you had commented on them i got pretty excited!
keep up your great work on here. i love the eye candy that you give us!

oh, and happy birthday, greg!!!
:)

Mary said...

Awe! Happy Birthday Greg! You two have fun celebrating!! <3

Elizabeth said...

What an awesome piece of writing. It's awesome enough for me to wish I'd written it. And some of it is so true to me. Isn't that the best?

Happy birthday to him :)

Post a Comment