Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Two.Things.

Thank You, Thank You to the lovely Monika at
for posting about my tablescape ... and including my work in such an inspiring post full of talented designers! Check it out here.


And here is a fun little DIY that is simple as can be!


I just adore the look of old book pages, so I decided to string them in my window creating a sweet + pretty garland!

The steps are obviously very easy, just make sure to use the pointy end of a scissor or a sharp pencil to poke the hole in the book page. If the hole is too big, the pages will slide to the middle, instead of staying nicely in place.

14 comments:

S and O said...

oh what a pretty idea!!! :)
xoxo
Olivia

Courtney said...

I love your blog and I love Splendid Willow, so the two of you together in a post makes me so happy! Also, that garland is very, very cute.

postcards and pretties said...

thanks for sharing...i'm loving that garland. so CUTE!!

Courtney said...

This garland is lovely - perfect for wedding decor!

Adrienne Gunde said...

The garland is such a genius idea - love it! And a big congrats on the feature!

Rambles with Reese said...

Hi Erin!

I just checked out Splendid Willow and I like it! Thanks again for introducing me to another cool blog.

Also, I was in Stockholm last summer and I went to Moderna Museet and I've got some great photos from my time there. It's a very cool museum. I hope you can visit there one day too!

p.s. I love the new font for your blog title.

xo

pearl. said...

Such a great idea!
Alas i have nowhere to hang it but the idea shall stay in the back of my mind for future redecorations :)
I always love your DIY,
Pearl xo

knack said...

so cute! love it........

Happy week to you!
xo

daisychain said...

you have a really stunning blog.

the southern hostess said...

Such a good idea. I love it.

Mara said...

what a cute idea! So original too!

Cynthia said...

this does look like fun, i'm so glad that you were featured congrats hun!!

Elizabeth said...

I don't think words can express how much I love you for this.

I'm thinking of using one of these inside an empty bookshelf. What do you think?

Coco said...

That's gorgeous. I love old books...I wanna try it!

Post a Comment